Dream Sports Latest News- Early Lineups - plus need your response back

Jim H / Dream Sports jimbo@dreamsports.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 19:12:49 -0800

Well, I see many of us forgot about the "new" NFL Schedule, with all of
these Thursday games coming up.
 Tonight  I counted over 30 teams that didn't get a lineup in this week, and
yes, I was one of them.
    My Commish team now has to live with this:
          My starters include Matt Schaub, Clinton Portis and Kolby
Smith.They will net me
ZERO points this week !   Ouch ...   ;-(

-------- PLEASE READ ALL BELOW ------------

We were looking at the new NFL schedule this past pre-season, and the news
that the NFL is going to more and more early games each week next season and
beyond.  We knew it was going to affect us, and we'd have to make a change
at some time.

 We will be changing some of our rules accordingly before next season. (if
we get a positive response to this e-mail, we will implement this as soon as
next week)

* *  You will be able to input a lineup at ANY time for players who's teams
have not started yet. *
     - Players would be "locked in" as a Starter, once their NFL team
started play. All others could be put in or taken out of your starting
lineup before the Saturday or Sunday morning games start.

For example, if you forgot to put in a lineup yesterday, and had Cutler on
your team, you would still be able to put in a lineup before Sunday's games,
and start any QB but Cutler.

Another example: If you did put in a lineup before Thursday's game, you
could still change your starters at anytime, except any Broncos or Browns
players that you started.

* We will also be doing away with "backup" players. There are a few reasons,
but one big one is this: A team  puts a decent RB in as their first backup.
That player has a huge game on Thursday. Then all he has to do is put an
injured player in as a starter, to get the already known backup's points.

* We may also go to Tuesday Waivers instead of Wednesday, or we may just
move up the Wednesday Waiver process a few hours. (for example 5:00pm PST)

* You'll also have final results earlier. Instead of late Tuesday
afternoons, when we manually did the backups, games will now be final right
after the Monday night game is over.

  * * Please reply back as soon as possible if you think we should implement
this now or not.

Jim Halpin

 www.dreamsports.com