Dream Sports Latest News - Important Information

Jim Halpin jimbo at dreamsports.com
Thu Aug 6 18:51:29 CDT 2020

First off, hopefully you and yours are staying safe. These are trying times.

Covid is affecting most of our daily life, and just like you we are hoping
for a solution in the near future. Although not as serious in the whole of
things, it also affects Fantasy Football. As you may know, NFL players that
test positive for Covid OR were even near someone affected, will go through
a quarantine process.

Because of Covid, we assume some or many NFL players will be missing time,
sometimes at the last minute. (Several have already opted out of the
season)
Whole NFL teams could miss time. This will create havoc with the lineups.
Because of this, we are going to the "Best Ball" format.  (at least for the
2020 Season)

  We don't make this change lightly, we've been looking at it for the past
2 months, and by the way this is our 32nd Year !

 "Best Ball" lineup means that instead of submitting a starting lineup each
week, the system will use the players on each roster that generate the best
possible score each week. (1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR/TE's, 1 PK, 1 DEF)

There are many advantages of using this method:
    *  A player could be put on Covid list Sunday at the last minute in the
morning even after some NFL games have started,
    *  You could start someone for the Thursday night game that gets put
out of the game at the last minute.
    *  This will eliminate the frustrating problem we have all suffered in
the past when your starter gets hurt during warm ups or in the first
quarter of a game
       and doesn't start or return.
    *  It's possible an NFL team has to forfeit a game this year.
    *  We avoid the problem MLB is having (like the Marlins)
    *  With waivers still on Tuesday and Wednesday, there is no rush to put
in a lineup on Thursday for players playing that night.
    *  For multi-team owners, things get easier.
    *  Rosters will increase a little to add depth.

   Everything else will remain the same:
        -  Same weekly schedule, Head to Head Matchups
        -  The draft remains the same
        -  The Waivers process remains the same
        -  The Trade process hasn't changed
        -  "Live Scoring"  will work the same.
        -   The Playoffs are the same.
        -  You will still need your Team building skills.

** It's possible we may return to the normal Lineup submission process in
2021, if things return to normal.

As always, we are always open to your comments.

Jim Halpin
Dream Sports
www.dreamsports.com <http://www.DreamSports.com>